AUTOMOTIVE COLLISION TECHNICIAN - Towne BMW (New York)
Compensation: $42,160.00 - $68,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Summary Description As a Collision Technician, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Our dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future.Candidate must be able to perform repairs in compliance with factory and dealership specifications on all type types of cars, light trucks, SUVs and high-line vehicles.
(Tasks include but not limited to: disassembly of vehicle, attaching and aligning parts, replacement of exterior panels, sheet metal replacement and alignment, welding, unibody and frame repairs, replacement of structural members and routine maintenance.
Candidate will also perform vehicle painting process by mixing paints, matching colors, spray painting primer and finishing coats .
.Tech Responsibilities:Repair vehicles within flat rate time guidelinesHandle all customer vehicles with care and notify Bodyshop Manager of any problemKeep all vehicles clean and take precautions to protect all customer vehicles while at dealershipPerform a quality control checkRequired Qualifications: Sheet Metal Repair / ReplacementFrame StraighteningBasecoat / Clearcoat Application Mechanical / Electrical RepairsQualifications/Education:
* High School diploma or GED and Prefer graduate of Post-Secondary Auto Technology Program
* Minimum 3 years active employment in an Automotive Repair shop, Specialty Shop or Dealer
* Previous experience in Collision repairs and painting preferred.
* I-Car Certification preferred
* Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions
* Valid and clean NYS drivers license
* Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles
* Ability to communicate with customers and employees
* Basic computer and keyboarding skills (Knowledge of CDK-ADP a plus)
* Must have own toolsOther Requirements:
* Willing and able to learn
* Able to work in a fast pace environment
* Ability to work effectively with all Towne personnel
* Good common sense and problem solving ability
* Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
* Have a professional personal appearance & Desire to be Successful
* Must be 18 or older (Insurability Requirement)
* Friendly, Enthusiastic Personality
* Strong Work EthicBenefits: Career Opportunity - Competitive pay, training and room for advancement.
Health Care, Dental, Sect 125, DBL, Life Insurance and a 401k.
Towne offers up to 4 weeks vacation, plus personal time and eight paid holidays.Work Environment/Physical Demands:performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving vehicles and mechanical parts.
Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
Will also frequently be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, high levels of dust and noise.
Employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to use both hands to handle, feel, reach above and below shoulder level, must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, stand, walk, drive a vehicle, push a vehicle, lift or move 50+ pounds, use of eyesight and ability to talk and hear.Resumes held in confidence apply with ...@towneauto.com
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...