Compensation: $37,650.00 - $68,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Maintenance Associate John F. Kennedy International Airport | Maintenance/Technician/Facilities | Regular Full-Time | Maintenance/Technician/Facilities
We are passionate about bringing cool, authentic restaurants to airports that represent a taste of place.
THIS IS AN OVERNIGHT POSITION. YOU MUST HAVE ONE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Maintenance Associate is responsible for maintaining facilities in safe operating condition; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; and monitoring and maintaining refrigeration units and kitchen equipment in all SSP America units. This role will be reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager and Director of Operations.
- Coordinate with Restaurant managers and outside vendors for the purpose of resolving equipment problems and maintenance.
- Install system component parts (e.g. refrigeration systems, plumbing, electrical and gas kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Maintain company vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitor kitchen equipment and refrigeration units for all units (e.g. observes and listens to equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform a variety of preventive maintenance activities (e.g. filters, belts, thermostats, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining items in an operative and safe condition.
- Prepare written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, open/punch list, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Prioritize work orders (e.g. importance, location, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring equipment is repaired in an efficient and effective manner.
- Repair a variety of commercial kitchen system components for the purpose of ensuring items are in a safe working condition.
- Request equipment, parts and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transport a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Support SSP business and objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- High School diploma or GED certified with 3-5 years' experience in Food/Beverage maintenance or related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety standards and handling hazardous materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating equipment used in skilled trades, power and hand tools, etc.
- Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; developing effective working relationships; displaying mechanical aptitude; and working under time constraints
- Valid Driver's License & Evidence of Insurability
- Refrigeration License is preferred
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed with an enthusiastic outlook
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to support various operations works activities during busy seasons
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and ensure successful outcomes.Ability to deal with high stressful situations and exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Flexible schedule as business demands. Regular office attendance required
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, equipment, field service, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance technician, malfunction, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...