Senior Specialist- Risk & Insurance
Employment Type: Full-Time
Holman Enterprises, headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, is an international automotive services company. Beginning in 1924 as a single Ford dealership, Holman has evolved to encompass six business segments that support several diverse sectors of the automotive market:
- Holman Automotive, one of the largest privately-owned dealership groups in the United States, with more than 38 retail franchises 17 brands from the East Coast to the Pacific Northwest;
- Steward Financial Services, an auto retail finance company;
- Holman Insurance Services, a commercial and consumer insurance services company
- Holman Parts Distribution, a national multi-brand powertrain parts distributor;
- Auto Truck Group, a truck up-fitting business; and
- ARI, the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management company in the world
Holman Automotive Group was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
We are currently seeking a motivated risk management and insurance professional to join our corporate team as a Senior Specialist- Risk & Insurance at our global headquarters located in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
The position offers an opportunity to join and contribute to an enthusiastic team which oversees global insurance placements and alternative risk transfer programs, champions risk management and safety initiatives, internally manages insurance claims, and passionately services internal and external clients across our uniquely positioned subsidiary companies in the automotive (retail and business) and insurance (commercial and personal) space. We are looking for an equally-enthused candidate to help catalyze and impact the future of our risk management department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and assisting in the placement, renewal, maintenance, premium allocation, and communication of insurance or alternative risk transfer (i.e. captive) programs:
- This includes all tasks necessary and incidental to these processes such as:
- Collecting, organizing, and presenting insurance underwriting data;
- Meeting with brokers and insurance carriers to establish positive working relationships and present the company’s risk in the best possible light;
- Reviewing quotes, binders, polices, endorsements, and invoices for accuracy;
- Ensuring timely payment of all invoices, fees, and billings by working with internal contacts;
- Opining on existing methodologies and allocating insurance premiums and associated expenses to each operating unit based upon exposures and loss history;
- Overseeing audit process for insurance policies subject to retrospective adjustments; and
- Developing presentations and insurance summaries for internal communications to our various operating units and business leaders;
- Reviewing, proposing, and negotiating contractual insurance provisions within vendor, customer, lender, and other contracts and agreements entered into by the organization;
- Acting as a primary day-to-day liaison to internally assigned subsidiaries and business units for insurance and risk management needs;
- Advising on applicability of insurance coverages to incoming lawsuits or claim activity;
- Assisting in the investigation, handling, and reporting of non-casualty insurance claims such as cyber, executive, and professional liability to insurers in a timely manner;
- Collaborating with other Risk team members and internally with various departments (Legal, Treasury, Finance, Property Management, HR, etc.) as may be necessary to fulfill risk and insurance related initiatives and responsibilities of the Corporate Risk Department. Such tasks and projects include:
- Reviewing and coordinating delivery of certificates of insurance with brokers and internal contacts in accordance with applicable insurance requirements;
- Communicating with Property Management team on real estate activity such as acquisition or disposition of properties, construction projects, and notifying brokers and applicable insurers of associated insurance adjustments as needed;
- Special projects and due-diligence associated with merger or acquisition activity as may arise from time to time;
- Analyzing current exposures, loss history, and historical premiums to evaluate total cost of risk for the company;
- Utilizing the company’s Risk Management Information System to assist in the tracking, collection, and documentation of information;
- Providing assistance in data gathering and risk analysis for projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Risk Management and Insurance;
- 3+ years of experience in risk management and insurance services;
- Extensive exposure to and understanding of the corporate insurance environment, including interactions with third party brokers and insurers across most lines of insurance (property, casualty, executive, professional, cyber);
- Previous automotive experience a plus;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, operate and make decisions independently, and form part of a collaborative team;
- Strong communication and consulting skills to include negotiation, influencing, problem solving, conflict resolution and analytical abilities with attention to detail;
- Willingness and enthusiasm to provide first-class service and support to internal and external customers with the goal of creating raving fans.
Loading some great jobs for you...