MOBILE MECHANIC - EXPERIENCED (NO CDL) (Scarsdale)
Compensation: $47,635.00 - $77,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Sunday-Thursday Frito-Lay Mobile Mechanics are essential to our team because they work on trucks and keep our drivers safe as they operate our fleet of straight trucks, yard tractors, vans, and route trucks. Are you looking for a job at a company that rewards the mechanically gifted? Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo. You may already be familiar with what this position entails. You will help us maintain and repair our vehicles, diagnose mechanical issues, manage parts inventory, and charge parts and labor to work orders. We asked our Mobile Mechanics what else we should let you know about working here, and this is what the team had to say about frequent tasks you can expect to perform:
* In many cases, you will be working outside, such as under a shelter, at a rural storage unit, or at various different Frito-Lay facilities. This is not a "shop job." Your work environment is determined by weather conditions.
* You will use your extensive knowledge to assist entry-level mechanics with difficult repairs.
* You may have to drive to locations if needed.
* You will build relationships with vendors when getting estimates for parts or labor.
* You will interact with a variety of Frito-Lay drivers, from professional truck drivers to salespeople.
* One way you can think of yourself is as a "first responder" to vehicular mechanical issues as you regularly hit the road to help our drivers.
* This is a physical job which often involves working in tight spaces under vehicles.
This is an experienced position. Here are our minimum requirements for you to consider prior to filling out our application:
* You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
* You can lift pounds or more with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You have the ability to work in tight spaces for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You will be required to work on/under trucks for an entire shift with or without a reasonable accommodation
Given the fact that we offer high wages, you might be wondering what will give you an edge when you apply to Frito-Lay. Here is an idea of the characteristics our managers look for:
* Safety Focused: drivers are counting on your focus on safety which means doing the job correctly and not taking shortcuts.
* Flexibility: like all Frito-Lay team members, your work on weekends and holidays helps us maintain our industry dominance. We place a high premium on teamwork.
* Attention to Detail: we want to avoid breakdowns and stranded drivers. Your approach to preventative maintenance should be diligent, even meticulous, when it comes to maintaining our fleet.
* Initiative: you are out in the field by yourself much of the time. Our best people would put it this way: we need folks who can show up and work until the job is done.
* Leadership: you will manage situations that might involve providing instructions to coworkers in the spirit of safety, efficiency, and cooperation. Frito-Lay leaders will trust you to make good decisions.
* Tech Savvy: technology will enable you to quickly diagnose mechanical problems, and you will also draw upon your computer skills when installing electronic logging devices such as tablets and dashboard computers.
* Teamwork: its important that you work well with others because you will regularly interact with our Regional Drivers, vendors and other team members.
Associated topics: facilities, general manager, luxury, manager i, manager ii, manager iv, property manager, representative, senior care, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...