Compensation: $74,825.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
POSITION: Engineer I
This position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills
and experience in critical infrastructure facilities operations
with the largest wholesale data center provider in the world. On
a daily basis you will be involved with operations, project
management, construction management and more, enjoying the
opportunity to gain additional skills and further enhance your
resume. As you know, critical infrastructure is the wave of the
future in facilities management, and as Digital Realty continues
to grow, we'll be looking for proven players to move up within
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
* Journeyman level experience in mission critical facilities
operating / engineering, including experience with mission
critical infrastructure (UPS, HVAC, generators, fire/life
* Expert, hands-on electrical or mechanical skill and
competence in the area of non-expertise (for example,
electrical expertise with mechanical competence, or
* The ability to:
* Comprehend, analyze and interpret complex project
documents, including AutoCAD, Visio and PDF documents.
* Manage projects effectively.
* Develop installation standards and project
* Respond effectively, verbally and in writing, to sensitive
issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
* Interact effectively with managers, clients, customers and
the general public.
* A high level of commitment to customer service to both
co-workers and clients.
Preferred but not required:
* Electrical, HVAC and / or mechanical licenses.
* Experience writing technical methods of procedure.
* Change management experience.
* Experience with incident reporting.
Shift flexibility will be required. Training may last three to
You will join the Facilities Engineering team at this site. This
role involves making rounds and responding to issues that arise,
but also contributing to all aspects of the oversight and
monitoring of building operations including adjustments to the
HVAC, electrical, BMS, emergency generators and fire/life safety
systems. You'll maintain chilled water, air conditioning,
ventilating and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
Pivotal to your success will be your ability to troubleshoot and
repair equipment and systems independently.
Your specific activities will include:
* Monitoring and maintaining all building systems and mission
critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated
with the raised floor environment including mechanical,
electrical, emergency generators, fire/life safety systems
and associated equipment.
* Conducting routine, ongoing assessment of the building
* Performing tests and rounds, and analyzing data to assure
the proper functioning of equipment.
* Performing preventive maintenance on all building equipment.
* Working on building management programs for a mission
critical facilities environment.
* Ensuring efficient operation of all building systems.
* Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive
maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance
with minimum disruption of building services.
* Coordinating maintenance efforts, as needed, with outside
contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers.
* Maintaining lighting in all areas of the building.
* Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures as well as
utilization of protective equipment.
* Maintaining ongoing communication with tenants, owners,
property management and vendors.
* Assisting in updating and / or maintaining as-built
* Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire,
evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
* Assisting with maintaining inventory control programs /
purchasing parts and supplies.
* Ensuring compliance with applicable codes, requisitions,
government agencies and DLR directives as relates to
Note: this description is intended to give you a general
overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of
duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate,
developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale
data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique
ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through
exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center
expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data
center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate
acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice
and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways
that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth
and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day above all else, we
value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and
colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its
secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located
throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital
Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from
financial services, cloud and information technology services,
to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with
investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package,
excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and
rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will
not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of
Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
New York, New York, United States
Associated topics: building, calculation, civil, draft, draw, microstation, remedial, remediation, structural analysis, traffic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...