Senior Mechanical Engineer
Compensation: $90,650.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Peloton Mechanical Engineers architect, design, and test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management, and Operations team to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
- Lead Engineering team of 2-3 junior/mid-level engineers through Phase Gate style ProductDevelopment Process
- Direct and approve mechanical design and prototyping work
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Create engineering specifications for fitness products and coordinate development work on mechanical subsystems
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with the drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
- 8+ years mechanical design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD and SW PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Proven project or program management experience
- Management experience of junior and staff team members
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Founded in 2012, Peloton is aglobal interactive fitness platformthat brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, includingFast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50,Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well asTIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, assembly, autocad, catia, mechanical, mechanical engineer, proe, rotordynamic, solidworks, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...